We are calling for volunteers to be deployed as soon as possible to undertake a safety advisory service to beach users at a time when there is no beach safety net. Beaches are now able to be used by all as a “safe open space”       Increasing numbers of the Read More »

COVID-19 Update 12th May

Following the recent statement from the Prime Minister, this guidance is to help our Clubs and Members based on the current situation against the new measures introduced last Sunday  WE ARE IN LEVEL 4 – the UK is currently at a point where the virus is not contained and the Read More »

What have we been up to over the last few weeks?

In the Words of Prince Charles; “None of us can say when this will end, but end it will.  Until it does let us live with hope and look forward to better times to come”  Your SLSGB Head Office Team are working hard to support you, not only looking forward Read More »

Lifeguard Patrols This Weekend

What seems clear with the continuing good weather is that people may continue to flock to the beaches. We have been asked by The strategic lead for Devon & Cornwall Police response to Covid-19, whenever possible this weekend, could our Lifeguards be active on beaches to provide encouragement to the Read More »

Covid-19 Revised Award Renewal Decision

WE ARE THINKING ABOUT YOU AND LISTENING TO YOU! In the rapidly escalating crisis created by COVID-19 and the impact that this is having on our communities, your skills and experience as a qualified Lifesaver can provide essential help for those in your communities both now and in the future. Read More »

Renewal of Surf Coach Safety and Rescue Awards

We very sorry that we are not able to offer, at this time, a renewal opportunity for your award as the proficiency process requires face to face attendance at one of our Accredited Training Centres (ATCs). With immediate effect all our ATC’s have been given guidance to stop all our Read More »

Lifesaving World Championships 2020 Postponed

We have just been advised from ILSE that due to the current situation of the Corona Virus, they have unfortunately decided to postpone the World Championships 2020 in Italy to 2021 (possibly 2022). All GBR selection will also now be postponed with immediate effect.