All members who are eligible and wish to attend the meeting are required to register by not later than 5 pm on the 25th November by email to email@example.com using their email account to which the electronic meeting invitation details will be sent. The electronic invitation will be sent to all eligible to vote on the 26th and 27th November. (All members with full membership aged 18 or over).
The AGM will consider the following business:
- To approve the minutes of the Twenty sixth Annual General Meeting of the Company
- To receive and consider the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2019 together with the report of the Directors and Auditors of the Company. A copy of the Annual Report and Accounts can be downloaded below.
- To re-appoint the Auditors for the coming year until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and to authorise the directors to determine their remuneration
- To re-appoint Dorade law as the Companies Legal Adviser
- To re-elect Trustees and Directors: Geoff Goodier, Peter Lawrence, John Martin and Glen Mayhew
- To note the resignation of Diane Green
- To elect Trustee and Director Jan Shepherd. A copy of her application can be downloaded below.
- To confirm that David Grose will continue in his role as Honorary President for a further 3 years
The Current Articles of the Company do not provide for the use of use of electronic communications for Annual or General meetings.
Below is the proposed change to the Articles of Association to permit such meetings in the future;
New Article 8.10
The Board may in its absolute discretion determine that, in respect of a particular Annual or General Meeting of the Company, members may participate in the meeting through the use of telephone conference, video conference, online platform and/or other communication technology by means of which all persons participating in the meeting are able:
8.10.1 to communicate to all other persons participating in the meeting, during the meeting, any information or opinions which they have on the business of the meeting; and
8.10.2 to vote, during the meeting, on resolutions put to the vote at the meeting such that their votes can be taken into account at the same time as the votes of all the other persons attending the meeting (including votes cast by proxy) in determining whether or not such resolutions are passed, and such participation in the meeting shall constitute presence in person at that meeting, notwithstanding that two or more members participating in the meeting are not in the same place as each other. Such a determination by the Board, together with details of the communication technology and procedures to be used, shall be stated in the notice calling the meeting in respect of which it applies.