Surf Life Saving Carnival 2020 Postponed

Whilst it is clear that the latest Government restrictions would not prevent us from holding the event at Portreath in October (Latest advice obtained from Sport England) there are a number of other factors to consider:-

The Latest C19 trend is upwards and we have no idea where this may go in the time between now and the event.

We already know that some Clubs in lockdown areas cannot attend.

Teams will be coming from a wide spread of locations. At the time of the event, team members recent (14 day) contact history will be an unknown risk, many of the young athletes will be in full time education with increased C19 risks.

Accordingly, we are postponing the event until a time when C19 is at a predictable, safe, downward direction with the intention to hold the event as soon as possible when conditions are at low risk levels again 

The GOOD NEWS IS
Our COVID-19 Event Plan is now approved at Beach Owner and Local Authority levels and by the Police. 

This precedent provides a ready to go platform for more events in 2021 that will be easy to run as localised, low cost opportunities to restart Surf Life Saving Sport

WATCH THIS SPACE!