Bude Surf Life Saving Club and the Bude Cleaner Seas Project, as a partnership, have been invited to submit a second stage application to the Coastal Communities Fund for a grant to build a new Surf Life Saving and Environmental Centre on the current Bude SLSC site.
If successful, it will mean a major government investment in Bude and the formation of a new and innovative way forward for beach safety and the environment.
Please help – simply by writing a message of support
The title of the project application is:
“Saving Lives, Saving Seas, Securing Livelihoods”
The new building would provide:
- A base for Bude Cleaner Seas and environmental initiatives in Bude
- A base for the first British Surf Life Saving Club – and other water-based clubs
- A base for the RNLI at Crooklets Beach
- A teaching and learning facility for environmental education
- A new community venue
- An iconic and modern structure in a key location
What difference would this make?
- Bude would be consolidated as a leader in environmental community work and research
- The facility would be the basis for the development of strategies regarding how to work with local industry, business and organisations to improve the environment and water quality
- The grant would provide funding to employ a team of Bude Cleaner Seas specialist staff who will be tasked with finding ways to improve the local environment and reduce pollution
- The improvement of water quality and the environment will boost tourism and the economy as tourists look for the best destinations based on these aspects more and more
- Surf Life Saving training will include environmental awareness and knowledge for all children and members
- Environmental training for all local children
What do you need to do?
We need as many letters/emails of support as possible for the application – so please ask all your friends, family and work colleagues to send their own letters/emails.
Just a few lines or a paragraph to say why you support this project and the difference you think it will make.
Letters of support need to be with us by 18th January 2019. Please send your support letter or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 4 Bramble Close, Widemouth Bay, Bude, EX23 0PJ