GBR Lifesaving is seeking applications of interest from skilled and experienced ocean, beach and pool specialists. Our plan is to create a group of experienced, knowledgeable people who can provide specialist coaching and competition experience to the GBR Team and the GBR squad 2016-2018
Coaches will be selected from the group to travel to International events including:
Worlds – Lifesaving2016, European Championships 2017 and Worlds – Rescue2018.
We recognise that many of the voluntary coach specialists within lifesaving have busy professional and personal lives and may not be able to commit to every event. Furthermore, we are keen to develop younger coaches who have previously competed as athletes for GBR, both to ensure succession planning and to capitalise on international experience gained which is invaluable to our developing athletes
We will be developing a GBR athlete squad after Lifesaving2016 and all future GBR Teams (2017 onwards) will be selected from the squad.
We are looking for a number of individuals who will join GBR and who could either:
- contribute and support the athletes selected for this years Team going to Lifesaving2016, and contribute towards the development of a GBR squad
- contribute to the development of a GBR squad and support squad training. This option may suit specialist coaches who can’t commit to international travel but are wiling and able to contribute to squad training
We are looking for dedicated voluntary support to:
- Lead and inspire athletes at squad training camps and at International competition
- Develop training programmes for training camps
- Travel to International competition, if selected (all expenses will be paid)
The individuals will:
- Hold a coaching qualification, or be willing to undertake a training course (particularly relevant to the younger specialists who may wish to apply)
- Provide evidence of recent relevant coaching experience, including named teams and athletes
- Report to the One Team Manager and One Team Steering Group
- Hold or be willing to undertake a safeguarding qualification and training in safeguarding
- Have International competition experience as an athlete or coach
- Be a current member of at least one National Governing Body and be in good standing with the NGB (RLSS, SLSGB or SLSA Wales)
- Have knowledge & understanding of ILS & ILSE rules
- Have excellent independent references which can be verified
We would anticipate that all GBR selected coach specialists would attend the GBR athlete trial 18 & 19 June, Portreath Cornwall, to observe the athletes race.They will not be expected to select the Teams
If you would like to apply, please submit a one-page letter covering the points above with a CV to email@example.com by 3pm Friday 3 June 2016.
Announcements will be made by Monday 6 June latest.