As an SLSGB Club member you are part of 7,000 volunteers and 70 clubs who make our communities and beaches safer by saving lives and prevention of drowning. Our Lifesavers have been providing lifeguard training and patrolling for 60 years. Our clubs train members from age five upwards to the highest standards in beach safety, lifesaving, rescue and fitness skills. Our sport demonstrates the fitness, skill, courage and tenacity engrained in the surf lifesaving community. Our fully qualified, declared and accredited Search and Rescue teams are front line Flood Rescue Responders and members of Terrestrial Search and Rescue Teams.
Surf Life Saving GB is a full member of International Life Saving and a National Governing Body for Life Saving.
Our Proud Purpose is to be the best at what we do.
Club Member Benefits
- You become part of the International community of Lifesavers and can achieve lifesaving skills providing others with the confidence that you’re working to an accredited and recognised best practice standard.
- Participation in life saving events
- Expert led support for all your training needs.
- Expert led lifesaving, safety, water safety advice and guidance.
- The opportunity as a volunteer to be a part of professional standard local and national Search and Rescue operations
- You’re actively supporting and a part of saving lives and prevention of drowning
Your Club Provides You
- Structured quality controlled training and awards programmes that meet current best practice standards
- Policies, training and guidance on safeguarding for young people
- A collective members insurance cover for approved activities (subject to details and conditions)
- Access to The Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Access to the best Life Saving events at local, National and International levels
When you become a Club member the club you have joined makes a charitable donation to SLSGB and this can be gift aided for the benefit of SLSGB, the receiving charity. Ask your club for details.
Direct membership of SLSGB
If you do not want to become a club member but would like to be a part of Surf Life Saving activity you can become a direct member of SLSGB.
Parent or Guardian
Direct Membership will only entitle a Direct Member to participate in those events organised and provided by SLSGB. For all activities and for events provided by a Club or a Region membership of a Club is required.
For all events to be entered by a Young Person (Under age 18) separate consents will be required.
To be a direct member of SLSGB you will be asked to make a donation of £25
Become A Direct Member
Apply to become or renew a direct membership