Membership renewals have once again been really positive this year, with over 5,000 current members, two hundred more than this time last year. It is great to see so many of you re-affiliating and being part of it!
Almost all of our 66 affiliated clubs are making the most of our new online database - for either memberships, awards or updating club information - which is a great result for our pilot year. Get on board with online administration! If your club has not yet accessed our online database for your club records please contact me for further details. Next year we will be asking for all membership, club affiliations and course registrations to be submitted online through our database, so try it now and let me support you with any queries before the start of 2012.
I hope your club has had a great year so far. The recent Life Saving Sport Surf Championships, held at Portreath Surf Life Saving Club, saw 45 out of 65 affiliated clubs competing – I hope you have all enjoyed our events over the year, and have entered our competitions and challenges – don’t forget…you can still apply to SkyDive with other members and staff on Saturday 22nd October. This is a fantastic challenge and chance for your members to fundraise for both your club and SLSGB. For more information please contact Abi.
I can confirm that next year’s membership fee will remain at the flat rate of £20 per member. Please ensure this message is passed to all the appropriate officers within your club, and then to your members.
Some of the benefits of the SLSGB membership fee:
• Personal accident and public liability insurance cover whilst participating in any SLSGB activity or activity affiliated by SLSGB;
• Volunteer recruitment checks through the Criminal Records Bureau
• Safeguarding support
• Post Traumatic Stress support following incidents
• Support following an accident, through a formal investigation process
• Training and assessment on SLSGB national and international awards and courses
• Coaching courses
• Officials courses
• Access to funded courses where available
• Entry to SLSGB competitions, regional, national and international
• Voting rights at the AGM
• Advocacy and representation on behalf of the member at ILS, ILSE, CCPR, NBSC committees and in dealings with the RLSS, RNLI and other organisations
• Support from staff and Commissions for any issue or query
• E-newsletters and communications
If you have any queries concerning the 2012 membership process or fee please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to another year working with you, being part of Surf Life Saving Great Britain!
Centre Development Officer