- This event has passed.
SLSGB Education Roadshow – Cornwall Region
July 2, 2016 @ 9:00 am - July 3, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Do you coach regularly at your club? Do you want to get more involved with your club? Do you help out at Nipper nights? Do you want to progress as a coach?
If the answer is yes then you will want to book onto either the Level 1 Coaching Course, for entry level to Surf Life Saving coaching or the Level 2 Coaching Course, to lead coaching sessions. All clubs should have a Level 2 Coach in place in order to oversee the safety and running of coaching sessions as well as supervise Level 1 Coaches. It is not just about safety but also to provide a fun and progressive learning experience to encourage more to participate. This is a great opportunity to meet other people in your region, network and learn new things to take back to your own club to help continue to promote water safety and prevent drowning. UKCC recommends that Coaches need to be aware of their legal responsibilities, especially with respect to the advice they give their athletes and the way they manage and supervise participation in sport.
Benefits to your club will include;
– Confidence that coaching sessions are being delivered by suitably qualified coaches, and following best practice guidelines
– Continuing personal development by engaging in up to date, relevant awards
– Opportunities to run Level 1 coaches in club (as Level 2 Coaches are able to deliver this) meaning clubs can be more self-sustainable
– To provide coach development pathways within their own club
– Better recruitment pathways as local schools and families will be able to recognise that club sessions are being run by suitably qualified individuals
• Nipper and youth members will benefit from;
– Well prepared, structured, long term development plans that will cater for competitive athletes and social development
– Coaches will better recognise ethical dilemmas in relation to an individual athletes development and be better prepared to adapt accordingly
If you are already an SLSGB Educator, then there is now a compulsory part of the Educator Update process for keeping your Trainer Assessor award validated. This is a practical hands on workshop focused on Basic Life Support implementation and guidance on new content for 2016 courses. PLEASE NOTE, you must have submitted evidence of your CPD for 2015 prior to attendance of this workshop
Details of this exciting roadshow below;
Saturday 2nd-Sunday 3rd July – Level 2 Coaching Course (Course Number – 39719) – 9-5pm – £130pp – Portreath SLSC
Level 2 Coaches are the most important person at a Surf Lifesaving training session. They are responsible for the overall running of the session, the risk assessment process and the safety of all participants and will ensure that sessions have measured goals and outcomes. It is not just about safety but also to provide a fun and progressive learning experience to encourage more to participate.
Saturday 2nd July – CPR Practical Workshop (Course Number – 39720)– 6-9pm – £7pp (for Trainer Assessors expiring in 2016) – Portreath SLSC
This is a compulsory part of the Educator Update process for SLSGB Trainer Assessors, if your award is expiring in 2016 you must attend one of these workshops to keep your award valid for another two years. This is a practical hands on workshop focused on Basic Life Support implementation and guidance on new content for 2016 courses. PLEASE NOTE, you must have submitted evidence of your CPD for 2015 prior to attendance of this workshop.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR ALL ENROLMENTS FOR THIS ROADSHOW IS FRIDAY 17TH JUNE