BSLSC is a dynamically developing and popular club affiliated to surf lifesaving GB. This club first started in the 1950’s as one of the first 3 SLSGB beach lifesaving clubs in Britain, the others being Bude and Perranporth in the West Country. The original club closed in the late 70’s due to older members not being replaced by younger members, as the original club never started a nippers or junior side. The club reformed 5 years ago, and since then has continued its rapid development.
So what do we do?
– offer a number of courses (beach lifeguard, train the trainer courses, First Aid at Work, lifesaving sport courses),
– provide regular training twice a week for its members (pool and sea based session),
– provides and rents excellent equipment for its members, and partners,
– provides safety cover for various events such as Paddle around the Pier, Brighton Heart Foundation, and many others around Sussex and all around the world,
– has a strong social side with unforgettable parties, which connect with the local community at large.
The club currently trains a large number of the beach lifeguards that can be seen throughout the south east, and has an up and coming competition team, who not only compete at national level lifesaving sports, but also participate in related sports such as triathlon. The vast majority of the lifeguards on the Brighton & Hove beach are trained by the club, and are active members of the BSLSC. We offer various membership types from social to competitive.