The local area is a very popular tourist destination and many local options are available, including camping, holiday cottages/lets, hotels, B&B’s etc. Early booking strongly advised.
There are many regional camping options, below is a selection of nearby camping options who are aware of the event and can offer you a good service. Booking should be made directly with the campsites.
- South Lytchett Manor Provide a range of camping options including electric and non-electric pitches, touring pitches and clamping units. Ideally suited for families and have 10.30PM quiet. Tell them who you are with and they will allocate pitches accordingly.
- Back of Beyond Touring Park ADULTS ONLY, sorry this does not mean it is one of those sites! It is described by the owners as a â€œTranquil Parkâ€ and would suit the more relaxed masters competitors. they offer a number of electric pitches for Tents, Caravans and Motorhomes and a limited number of â€œSimpleâ€ tent pitches within the Glade, Min 3 night stay.
- Rockley Park Rockley park provides modern static caravan accommodation with everything you would expect from a Haven holiday park.
- St Leonards FarmRun by James Love and his family, this site are flexible to allow you to book as clubs or simply say that you are with the SLSGB event and which club and they will book you in accordingly and make sure you are located together.
- Shorefield Shorefield are our largest local supplier of camping, touring, static caravans and lodges all within 30 minutes drive of the beach. Phone them to discuss your needs they will accept some group bookings or are happy to allocate pitches in close proximity.
- Burn Bake Burnbake is a firm favourite locally for a group weekend away as they have an event field that you hire as a group. Travel to and from the site does involve a using the Sandbanks ferry (http://www.sandbanksferry.co.uk/) which is currently GBP4.50 per car each way or a 45 â€“ 60 min drive, make sure you stock up on provisions before hand as there is no shops in close proximity.
UNIVERSITY HALLS OF RESIDENCE;
Bournemouth has a large University and many of the halls of residence are available for booking over the summer period. The following details list the halls of residence that can be booked, best suited to group bookings/club bookings. All are functional and more economical than hotels/B&B’s. All are centrally located in the city of Bournemouth or Poole and very near ameneties (shops, bars, restaurants etc). All those listed are within 10 minutes of the event location by car, or via the landtrain that runs along the promenade. Please contact the people listed below who are aware of the event and can manage all bookings;
- Dorchester House 500 rooms available individually or in bigger groups. Very near Bournemouth railway station, suited to larger group/club bookings. Accomodation is double rooms with a shared kitchen and can be booked in clusters (e.g. 7 rooms + shared kitchen or 6 rooms + shared kitchen). Rates are GBP30 to GBP59 a night for a room but this is negotiable if you can book in larger groups. Book on 01202 941020 or mobile 07519 122784. Please note only bookings for 7 days min stay for 16 yrs plus will be accepted.
- Campus Living 3 sites in central Bournemouth (Lyme Regis, Chesil & Cranbourne). Accommodation is in the form of self catering flats for 5 people with a kitchen and bathroom. Book and pay on an individual first come first serve basis or you can block book and get better rates. (Rooms tend to get more expensive as availability decreases.) Contact Andrew Best +44 (0)161 667 9806 or mobile +44 (0)774 073 9966 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Roost Student Roost 2 sites, 1 in central Poole and 1 in central Bournemouth. Larger group bookings only. Contact 01202 649670.
STAY AT THE RNLI HEADQUARTERS
The RNLI College at their headquarters in Poole (5km from the event) have 60 rooms availablef for a very reasonable rate. The site is very near the main Poole train station and has excellent travel and local amenities (Poole high street, Poole Quay, Shopping Centre, Bus/coach station, Railway station etc)
Link to book the RNLI accomodation Location: BH15 1HZ
BLUE SHUTTERS GUEST HOUSE
The Blue Shutters Guest House in Parkstone is a family run guest house that kindly offers 10% discount for event attendees. It is situated in a lovely area of Parkstone 3km from the event. Available are 2 single rooms (GBP80 per night) 4 doubles (GBP108 per night) 1 twin (GBP108 per night) and 2 family rooms that sleep 3 (GBP118 per night). Call Anita on 07985 645313.
LOCAL HOLIDAY LETTINGS;
There are many short term accomodation providers in the area, the following offer local accomodation options at a variety of rates and are aware of the event;
A selection of hotels are linked below. In addition there are hundreds of hotels in the surrounding area (within 5km radius), particularly along the cliff top around Bournmemouth. There is a continuously running landtraing running along the promenande between Bournemouth and Branksome Chine to save the 2km walk to the event that costs a few pounds each way;
- Thistle Poole Large hotel: Medium price
- Holiday Inn Express Poole Large hotel: Medium/low price
- Harbour Heights Pricier upmarket option
- Sandbanks Hotel Pricier upmarket option
- Haven Hotel Pricier upmarket option
- Inn in the Park Nearest pub with rooms
There are also 4 Travel lodge sites and 5 Premier Inns to choose from all with 5 miles of Branksome Chine
The promenande is fronted by beach hits right along the 5km stretch of beach between Sandbanks and Bournemouth pier (2.5km from centre of event in either direction). Although not permitted for overnight accomodation they can offer some respite from the busy beach/sun and can be used for secure overnight storage. Some of these are avialable for hire and See the website here for more information.