Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held at Portreath Surf Life Saving Club on Saturday 26th August at 1pm for the following purposes and to consider, and if thought fit, to pass the following resolutions, of which resolutions 1 to 5 (inclusive) will be proposed as ordinary resolutions and resolution 6 will be proposed as a special resolution.
- To approve the minutes of the twenty third Annual General Meeting of the Company.
- To receive the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31st December 2016 together with the report of the Directors and Auditors of the Company.
- To re-appoint the Auditors for the coming year until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and to authorise the Directors to determine their remuneration
- To re-elect, by separate resolutions, the following individuals as Trustees and Directors: Geoff Goodier, Pete Lawrence, John Martin, Diane Green
- To elect Glen Mayhew as a Director and Trustee
- That the Company’s Articles of Association be amended such that Article 14.4 (Commissions and Management) is replaced with the following:
“14.4 There may be a number of commissions as required by the Company at any time and agreed with the trustees that enable the Company to carry out its object in the funding and trading environment in which it finds itself. There may be a Lifesaving Commission, a Lifesaving Sport Commission, and a Regional Affairs Commission as a minimum.
7. To note the resignations from the positions of Director and Trustee of Roy Amphlett and Lawrence Coen
8. To consider changes made to the bye laws
Dated 27th July 2017
By order of the Board
Peter Lawrence Director
Surf Life Saving Great Britain Limited
Buckland House, Park 5, Harrier Way, Sowton, Exeter, EX2 7HU
Notes to the Notice of Annual General Meeting
Special Resolution to Change Article 14.4
The change is only to the word “shall” to the word “may” at the start of the first and second sentences. The effect of the changes removes the obligation to have commissions (shall) but retains the opportunity to have them in the future (may). This reflects that the Commissions have ceased to operate for more than two years and this work is now undertaken by committees.
- Minutes of the 2016 AGM – A copy can be downloaded by clicking here
- Annual Report and Accounts for year ended 31st December 2016 – A copy can be downloaded by clicking here
- Election of Mr Glen Mayhew as a Director and Trustee – Details of his application and CV can be downloaded by clicking here
- Changes to the Bye Laws – Details and notes about the changes can be downloaded by clicking here
Appointment of proxies
1. As a member of the Company, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting. A copy of the proxy form can be downloaded by clicking here
2. A proxy does not need to be a member of the Company but must attend the Meeting to represent you.
3. If you do not give your proxy an indication of how to vote on any resolution, your proxy will vote or abstain from voting at his or her discretion.
4. To appoint a proxy using the proxy form, the form must be:
completed and signed;
sent or delivered to the Company at Buckland House, Park Five, Harrier Way, Sowton, Exeter EX2 7HU; and
received by the Company no later than 48 hours before the meeting.
5. Any power of attorney or any other authority under which the proxy form is signed (or a duly certified copy of such power or authority) must be included with the proxy form.
6. Appointment of a proxy does not preclude you from attending the Meeting and voting in person. Either you or your proxy can vote, but not both.
For further information please refer to sections 10 and 11 of the Articles of Association and section 6 of the SLSGB Bye-laws available at http://www.slsgb.org.uk/useful-documents. Or email the Company at email@example.com