SLSGB are seeking declarations from athletes who would like to be considered for selection to represent SLSGB in the international Surf Team for:-
International Surf Rescue Challenge Cup
30th Nov – 3rd Dec 2017
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Athletes are invited to submit a declaration of interest by completing this form and sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date midnight Friday 7 July 2017.
- Any athlete with outstanding debt with SLSGB must clear this before a declaration can be considered by the closing date.
- SLSGB will review athlete declarations subject to interest shown, and results obtained throughout the competition year (2017) and announce the team 27 August at SLSGB Open Ocean Championships at Portreath
- This competition is self-funded.
- International Rescue Challenge will cost in the region of £1500-£1700 (estimate) to cover international travel, accommodation, food & kit
- A deposit of £100 must be paid with the athlete declaration and must be received by SLSGB by Friday 14 July
- Athletes selected for the Teams will be required to pay a further deposit of £500 by 4 September
- Full and final payment for the remainder of the athlete contribution to the Team will be due to SLSGB by 29 Sept 2017
- Athletes will be required to arrange and pay for their own travel to the designated UK departure airport.
- The Team will travel together.
Dates & Commitment
- Athletes must consider their availability to travel and compete, taking account of work and study commitments.
- Travel to International Rescue will be 26th November to 5th December (inclusive)
How to Declare
- Athlete’s are required to complete this form and return it by email
- Athletes must send a deposit of £100 by Cheque by post to SLSGB to declare their intent and availability for selection.
- The deposit must be received by SLSGB by 14 July 2017. The deposit will be returned to all athletes who are not selected. For athletes who are selected, the deposit will be used as down payment for their athlete contribution.
- Athletes selected for the Teams will be required to pay a further deposit of £500 by 4th September and the full payment (up to £1700) must be paid to SLSGB by 29 Sept 2017. SLSGB is working hard to reduce costs through sponsorship
- Any declaration received without a deposit Cheque will not be considered. The deposit is considered as due intent by the athlete to take the declaration seriously.
- NOTE, any payment not received by the due date will result in the athlete rescinding their place in the Team
- Please read the selection criteria carefully for further detail.
Thank you, SLSGB Sport Committee!