SLSGB are seeking declarations from athletes who would like to be considered for selection to represent SLSGB in the international Surf Team for:-
International Surf Rescue Challenge Cup
30th Nov – 3rd Dec 2017
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Athletes are invited to submit a declaration of interest by completing this form and sending it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date midnight 04/08/2017
- Any athlete with outstanding debt with SLSGB must clear this before a declaration can be considered by the closing date.
- SLSGB will review athlete declarations subject to interest shown, and results obtained throughout the competition year (2017) and announce the team 27 August at SLSGB Open Ocean Championships at Portreath
- This competition is self-funded.
- International Rescue Challenge will cost in the region of £1500-£1700 (estimate) to cover international travel, accommodation, food & kit
- A deposit of £100 must be paid with the athlete declaration and must be received by SLSGB by 11/08/2017
- Athletes selected for the Teams will be required to pay a further deposit of £500 by 04/09/2017
- Full and final payment for the remainder of the athlete contribution to the Team will be due to SLSGB by 29/09/2017
- Athletes will be required to arrange and pay for their own travel to the designated UK departure airport.
- The Team will travel together.
Dates & Commitment
- Athletes must consider their availability to travel and compete, taking account of work and study commitments.
- Travel to International Rescue will be 26th November to 5th December (inclusive)
How to Declare
- Athlete’s are required to complete this form and return it by email
- Athletes must send a deposit of £100 by Cheque by post to SLSGB to declare their intent and availability for selection.
- The deposit must be received by 04/08/2017. The deposit will be returned to all athletes who are not selected. For athletes who are selected, the deposit will be used as down payment for their athlete contribution.
- Athletes selected for the Teams will be required to pay a further deposit of £500 by 04/09/2017 and the full payment (up to £1700) must be paid to SLSGB by 20/09/2017. SLSGB is working hard to reduce costs through sponsorship
- Any declaration received without a deposit Cheque will not be considered. The deposit is considered as due intent by the athlete to take the declaration seriously.
- NOTE, any payment not received by the due date will result in the athlete rescinding their place in the Team
- Please read the selection criteria carefully for further detail.
Thank you, SLSGB Sport Committee!