GBR Lifesaving Team Manager/Administrator
Since 2004, the Royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS UK) and Surf Life Saving Great Britain (SLSGB) have jointly appointed teams to represent our country in European and World Life Saving Championships.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Team Manager/ Team Administrator to look after the Junior and Senior GBR teams for 2015 and 2016 to take the GBR teams to:
- European Senior Lifesaving Championships – Aberavon, Wales August 1-15, 2015
- European Junior Lifesaving Championships – Alicante, Spain 23-27, 2015
- World Lifesaving Championships (Senior & Junior) – Eindhoven, Netherland – August 2016The success of the team in completion is important however the welfare and safety of that those selected in the team and the smooth running of the team is of equal importance. The Team Manager/Administration is a key appointment and is essential towards ensuring the best support for our athletes.Both SLSGB and RLSS UK are committed to putting in place a structure to support both the team and its management. The Joint Steering Group sets policy and provides guidance and support to the GBR Team.The steering group consists of Ian Hutchings, Michelle Weedy, Adrian Lole (RLSS) and Pete Lawrence, Keith Gammon, and Pat Thomas (SLSGB, SLS Wales)The Team Manager / Administrator will work alongside Scott Wood (beach coach) and Amy Wilkinson (pool coach) as a tight 3 person management team.The Team Manager/Administration (Seniors and/or Juniors) will take overall responsibility of the team’s welfare, and logistics to enable the team to compete at events. Specifically:
- Leading the planning and organisation of travel, accommodation and logistics to ensure the team get to the event plus entry to event.
- Assist the coaches in their selection of the national teams through attending the team selection events in both pool and on the beach.
- Travel with the team to competitions to ensure the team are in the best possible shape to compete.
- Oversee the welfare, discipline and safety of the team in and post competition events.In carrying out the role the appointed person is expected to liaise with the RLSS UK and SLSGB Performance Directors (Michelle Weedy and Keith Gammon) regarding the plans and decisions made.The senior and junior coaches (if separate) are expected to liaise closely with each other in order to ensure effective use of resources and provide a smooth performance pathway.Separate applications are not required provided the applicant clearly indicates on the attached form which positions he/she is applying for. Applicants will only be appointed to more than one position if it is felt appropriate by the selection panel.Candidates must declare any conflicts of interest (family, personal or club), which might be seen as relevant in any selection process. This will not necessarily debar a person from an appointment but will be taken into account.The closing date for applications is by 5pm on Thursday 14th May 2015. The selection panel will consider all applications and may shortlist candidates for interview if required depending on the applications received.
- For an application form and further details please contact: EllenMoore@rlss.org.uk